Sunday, November 18, 2012

Well Met: Renaissamce counter culture Marbler - Olaf

Colo and Cove
I sold marbleized fabric on the street in Berkeley in the 70s.  I lived in a 'Rocket Ship' behind Olaf's House in Berkeley. Olaf and I met at his communal pad New Years Eve 1969 Haight Street, San Francisco. Brown and I had just arrived from a grueling drive from the East Coast.

Olaf was and is an artist that shares mores than his art making tools or supplies, whether it be candle making or marbling or painting. He shares the essence of it means to be an artist.

The large marbled pieces of fabric produced by Olaf that were introduced at an early Renaissance Pleasure Faire were ground breaking.  His current paper marbling is as unique as it gets.

I wrote about Olaf in Ink & Gall years ago. With the book Well Met: Renaissance ... coming out I can't think of a better title for my relationship with Olaf.


 Olaf's paper marbling. 






No comments:

Post a Comment